Nutritional shakes are everywhere. In the grocery store. Online. At the gas station. Sold by your friend. So much selection, so how do you choose?
I started drinking Shakeology well before I became a Beachbody Coach and started getting my 25% discount. But why did I choose it over all of the other options? Sure it tastes good, but that’s an obvious reason why anyone would choose to consume anything. And, when looking at a meal replacement or nutritional shake, I think that there are factors other than taste that are important. Here were my top 6:
1. No artificial ingredients. Looking at what’s in various shakes, what struck me about Shakeology was the lack of chemicals. Nothing that ended in “ide” or “ate.” Nothing that when I looked the ingredient up on Wikipedia did it mention its poisonous in large quantities. All the ingredients in Shakeology are naturally occurring.
2. No soy protein. The more I read about the downside of consuming too much soy, the more I try to avoid it.
3. Kid friendly. I try and avoid anything I wouldn’t give my kids. Because there are severe allergies involved, I wanted something that was safe. No nuts, vegan options, and no chemicals (again), made Shakeology appealing.
4. It replaces a multivitamin. If you compare the nutritional information of Shakeology versus its competitors, you’ll notice how it is packed with vitamins, minerals, and everything else you would see in a multivitamin. Again, without chemical additions. So, I no longer take a multivitamin and am saving on that monthly expense.
5. Produced in a sustainable way. Beachbody is very committed to ethical, sustainable practices. That’s why it took them years to develop a vanilla flavor. No GMO, and fair trade practices. That makes them a good corporate citizen and a company I want to support.
6. No additional supplements needed. Some other shakes require you to have other supplements. Not with Shakeology. One dose of “the healthiest meal of the day” and I’m good to go.
So there you have it, my reasons for Shakeology. Are there better tasting shakes out there? Probably. But they are also likely loaded with chemicals, sugar, etc. I chose to look beyond only taste to find the best fit for my lifestyle. If you’re curious about Shakeology, I’d be happy to chat with you about it. Just send me a message through the contact form.